Unread notification emails are reminder emails, generated automatically by SEQTA if the person has not checked their notifications within a set number of days.
This can be useful as if the person has not logged in to SEQTA for some time as they may not be aware they have unread notifications. The option to send Unread notification emails can be enabled, disabled and configured via the Application settings.
This is a global setting, which means it applies to SEQTA Teach, SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage.
Minimum age before emailing (days)
Notification emails are sent at 6PM every day (which can be customized) and the unread notifications included in this email are determined by the setting 'Minimum age before emailing (days)'.
- If set to '0' days, the unread notifications from the previous day at 6PM until the current day at 6PM will be included in the email. Note: When the setting is enabled for the first time and changed to '0', the notifications for the first day will include those from 12PM until 6PM the current day.
- If set to '1' day, unread notifications from the 6PM the day before last until the previous day at 6PM will be included.
- If set to '3' days, unread notifications from 3 days ago until 6PM the previous day at 6PM will be included.
Configuring unread notification emails
- Click on Administration Workspace > Application settings > Application settings
- Type 'notification in the search box and press <enter>.
- Under the section Notifications, enter the days under Minimum age before emailing (days). The default value is 7 days.
- Select Enabled, or, if you wish to prevent these emails from being sent, click Disabled.
- Click Save.