There are two methods for finding and sharing programmes to their classes. Method 1 is used if the programme is no longer attached to any classes. If method 1 shows no results method 2 is used.
The Programme and the Marks book are one in the same thing. As such, if a Programme is unshared from it's class, or removed off a class due to incorrect removal of a class bridge, the Marks book will also disappear. Sharing the programme back to the class will restore the Marks book and any results, comments etc. will once again be visible - no data will be lost.
This method is used if the programme is no longer attached to any classes. If it is attached to classes, or method 1 returns no results use method 2 below.
- Go to the Teaching workspace > List of programmes
- Type one word from the programme title in the 'SEARCH TITLE/OUTLINE' box at the top of the page
- Click on the drop-down for 'TIMETABLE PERIOD' and select Unattached from the bottom of the list, then un-tick the other timetable periods. The programme should then show. If it doesn't, try removing the staff name from the drop-down at the top of the page. If it still doesn't appear use Method 2 below.
- Click Edit collaboration settings
. Under Collaborate further, select the timetable period the class with the missing class is in.
- Find and select the class, click SHARE > YES
Method 2 (use if Method 1 doesn't find the programme)
This method is used when the programme is still shared with a class. Therefore, Method 1 will not bring up the programme.
- Go to the Teaching workspace > Timetable > My classes.
- If the programme is on another teachers class, then select the teacher's name in the top-right corner.
- Click the Load programme icon for the class.
- Click the Collaboration settings button.
- Under 'Automatic' select the timetable period the class is in.
- Use the search box to find the class missing the programme then select it.
- Click the Share button. If the share button is greyed out, contact the SEQTA Service Desk for assistance. Do not click 'Copy' as this will attach a blank programme with no results in it.
- Click Yes, then Ok.
If assistance is required with finding and restoring a programme, please contact the SEQTA Service desk with the following information.
- Teachers name
- Class name
- When the programme/marks were last seen in SEQTA
- Link to attendance roll page (optional). To find the link, click on the @ symbol for the class, then copy-and-paste the URL into an email.
Causes for a missing programme and marks book
- The class was unbridged incorrectly.
- Someone unattached the programme by clicking on the bin icon beside the class name in 'Edit collaboration settings'. It may be noted that to complete this process, the 'Yes' option for the prompt 'there are results that will not be visible if you continue..' must have been selected.
- Changes to the class code have been made in the external timetabling system. To verify this, change the date back to a previous week to check whether the programme is still visible on the class. If this is the case, please contact the SEQTA Service Desk with the class code for the old and new class.
Programmes missing from all classes
In most cases, this indicates a new timetable period has started. When this occurs:
- Classes that are continuing on (ie. from semester 1 to semester 2) will need to be bridged. This will carry the programme forward to the current class.
- If the classes are new, they may need to create a new program.