Any instances where there are two or more records for the same user should be reported to the SEQTA service desk. Please include the SEQTA 'code' for both the old and the new records, indicating which is the current record (ie. the one in the admin system).
Please do not make changes to either records directly in SEQTA - this issue cannot be fixed through the interface. Rather, the SEQTA Service desk will run a merge script to pull all the data into one record.
To check for duplicate user records:
- Go to the Administration workspace > Data Management
- Select the user type (eg. staff, contact)
- Search for the persons name (try searching for just part of the first name, then part of the surname). Any records with OLD_ in front of the code can be ignored as these have been archived by the merge script.
There are two causes for duplicate records:
- Making changes to timetable and user codes
- A second account was created directly in SEQTA. If creating accounts directly in SEQTA be sure to check if one already exists.
Important information regarding codes used by previous students
The merge script cannot be run if one of the codes was previously used by another person (for example a former student at the school). Rather, the new user data will need to be removed from the old users account, into the new one.