The account setup process differs depending on which Authentication types and account management processes are used.
1. Create or sync the user record into SEQTA
- Externally managed: User records managed in an external system will require a user record to be created in that system. This will be synced into SEQTA the next time the sync process runs (providing it meets the sync rule requirements).
- Internally managed: User records managed directly in SEQTA can be created through the Data management page. Select one of the following for user types for steps student, staff, guardian, tutor.
2. Provision the account
An account is considered 'provisioned' if there is a username in the user record. When using SEQTA's internal authentication a password is also required.
- External authentication: To provision accounts where external authentication is used, the username will need to be entered into SEQTA through the Data management page, OR preferably synced into SEQTA.
- Internal authentications: When using SEQTA's internal authentication accounts can be provisioned through the User management page in SEQTA Teach. This process will generate a Welcome email with a link to set a username and password for the account.
Syncing usernames from Active Directory
Usernames cannot be synced into SEQTA as part of the automatic sync process. However, a script can then be run to bring the usernames into SEQTA.
The script is only run on request if there are a large number of accounts that need to be provisioned. Email authorisation from the school's delegated STC and SEC required for the script to be run.
3. Assign the required permissions (staff accounts only)
Staff accounts will need to be assigned to a Permission group to access various areas and data in SEQTA. For example, teacher's require permissions to have access to mark the roll (ie. see the @' icon).
Please note, permissions are managed in-house by the school's SEQTA Administrator not the SEQTA Service desk.