The following process is required for staff to access SEQTA and mark the attendance roll. These steps assume the staff record exists in SEQTA. The staff record should already exist providing it has been either:
- Setup correctly in the school's administration system (i.e. MAZE, Synergetic), and synced into SEQTA or
- Created directly in SEQTA with the required information being entered (i.e. Full name in 'Salutation' Fields, Assigned to a Campus).
Teachers will not have access to mark the attendance roll until they have been added to a permission group with the permission 'ATT: EDIT'.
Step 1: Enter a Username into the Staff Record
The Staff Record should already exist providing it has been setup correctly in the school's Administration system (i.e. MAZE, Synergetic, AOS) and has been synced into SEQTA. Schools that solely use SEQTA for managing staff accounts will need to complete the steps in the article create the staff record.
The below fields only need to be entered into SEQTA if they are not included in the Sync. If they are included in the sync the data needs to be entered into the admin system and synced into SEQTA.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Data Management > Staff.
- Search for the staff member then select the record to open the edit window.
- Type the Staff Member's Username in. If the school uses Active Directory, type in the Active Directory Username.
- Ensure the staff member is assigned to a campus.
- Type in a Password. If the school uses Active Directory or Google Authentication, leave this field blank.
- Click 'SAVE'.
- Refresh/Reload the page (click refresh/reload on the browser or press <Ctrl>+F5)
Step 2: Assigning Staff to a Permission Group
If a staff name does not show under permissions, ensure the staff record has the persons full name in the 'Salutation' field, has a 'Username' and is assigned to a campus. If it still doesn't show, 'Refresh/Reload' the page.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Permissions Management > Manage Groups
- Select the 'Permission Group' from the left-hand side (i.e. Teachers), then select the staff members name from the drop-down list.
- Click 'SAVE'.