The following methods are available to view attendance in SEQTA. These are outlined in detail below.
This article contains the following sections:
- Day-by-day tab in the Attendance administration page (SEQTA Teach)
- SIP Attendance pane (SEQTA Teach)
- Attendance roll page (SEQTA Teach)
- The student timetable (SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage)
- Unresolved absences dashlet (SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage)
The Day by day tab on the Attendance administration page (SEQTA Teach)
The Day by day tab displays student attendance for a single day based on the attendance types selected in the drop-down at the top of the work area.
As this page displays attendance on a period-by-period basis, the attendance will only appear if there are timetabled classes. Attendance entered using Calendar classes will not appear as Calendar classes are not period-based. Instead, they rely on the user selected start and end time.
The Day by day tab in the Attendance administration page is primarily used to:
- View multiple students attendance
- To assist with selecting relevant students before switching to the 'Attendance Manager' tab to enter an attendance solution.
SIP Attendance pane (SEQTA Teach)
The SIP attendance pane is used to view the selected students attendance for the selected time frame (eg. one week, one month, this year). The default view displays attendance on a period-by-period basis, as such, the attendance will only appear if there are timetabled classes.
The Time-based button will display attendance on a minute-by-minute bases. This is the only method for viewing attendance recorded using Calendar classes and outlined to class time (eg. before school, after school).
For more information on the Attendance SIP pane please refer to the following articles:
The attendance pane in the SIP is primarily used to:
- View an individual students attendance
- View an individual students attendance history (the 'Attendance stack')
- Edit existing attendance
- Add attendance solutions (Enabled in Administration Workspace > Application Settings > Attendance > Attendance solutions from SIP) and Permission ATT: SOLNS
Attendance roll page (SEQTA Teach)
The attendance roll page is used by teachers to enter and edit attendance for students on a class by class basis. The available options are 'In class', 'Absent' and 'Late to class'. The attendance roll page cannot be used to add or edit Attendance solutions.
The attendance roll page displays attendance for a specific class. This page displays attendance solutions entered for students. (eg. if the student has a Medical appointment).
The student timetable (SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage)
Students and parents can view attendance on the student 'Timetable' in SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage. The steps for enabling this option are as follows:
- Administration workspace > Application settings > Application settings
- Enable the setting Attendance in timetable under SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage.
- Click Save
For information on displaying the timetable please refer to the article:
Unresolved absences dashlet (SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage)
Providing the option is enabled on the Dashboard management page, Administration Workspace > Dashboard Management, students and parents can view unresolved absences on the 'Dashboard' in SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage.