This article outlines the most common reasons for data not saving or no longer being visible after saving. Additionally, it explains how the save process works, how to confirm successful saves, how to avoid data loss and the information required for the SEQTA Service desk to investigate or retrieve data from the Activity logs (if the data was successfully saved).
This article has the following sections:
- Why has my data not saved?
- How can I tell if information has been successfully saved?
- What happens if there are connectivity issues while working in SEQTA?
- How can I prevent issues with data loss?
- What information is recorded in the Activity logs?
- How can I retrieve data from the Activity logs?
- Can data be restored from a backup?
- Information required when reporting issues to the SEQTA Service desk
Why has my data not saved?
The most common causes of unsuccessful saves are as follows. Please refer to the
- Browser issues (eg. using unsupported or out-of-date browser, interference from plugins/extensions)
- Connection/network issues
- Forgetting to save
How can I tell if information has been successfully saved?
Depending on what page is being saved either:
- A prompt will appear confirming the save was successful
- A message will display at the top of the page indicating the save was successful
What happens if there are connectivity issues while working in SEQTA?
The system will attempt to save four times. If unsuccessful the application will display an error. Should this occur, resolve the network issue, then click on the OK button (on the error message), then click Save.
If the browser window is closed or the browser is refreshed before a successful save, unsaved changes will be lost. The exception to this is when working on a page that auto-saves, such as the Planning tab.
How can I prevent issues with data loss?
- Ensure the browser is up-to-date
- Avoid using extensions and add-ons which interfere with the standard functionality of the browser
- Save work regularly - particularly prior to printing
- Ensure work is saved prior to closing out of SEQTA
What information is recorded in the Activity logs?
The activity logs contain details of who and when changes are made to settings or data in SEQTA. This information may be of help when determining who made changes or whether data was successfully saved prior to pulling a backup.
How can I retrieve data from the Activity logs?
Activity logs are only available to the SEQTA Service Desk. Most data can be retrieved from the activity logs in spreadsheet format. Email authorisation from the School Education Contact is required to obtain data from the activity logs.
Can data be restored from a backup?
Yes, providing a backup is available, data can be restored. The school is responsible to ensure backups are taken regularly.
SEQTA also keeps backups for reasons such as, if a rollback is required after an update. However, it is not guaranteed there will be one available for the required date.
Further assistance from the SEQTA Service desk (information required for investigation)
Please include as much information as possible when reporting. Depending on the issue, the following information may be of assistance to the SEQTA Service desk when reporting issues.
- The sequence of events
- When the missing data was entered and an example (eg. Lesson topic, Reporting comment)
- An example class and teacher name
- Details of the issue (eg. Attendance roll not saved)
- Which browser version was being used
- Exact wording or screenshot of any errors that appear
- The time and date the issue with saving was experienced
- Whether or not working from inside the school network or from home
- Whether connected by WiFi or cable
Please sign in to leave a comment.