Enabling the resources URL will result in resources being delivered under a separate host name from SEQTA Teach, essentially sandboxing the file attachments. This minimises the chances of malicious attachments gaining access to data in SEQTA Teach.
Before enabling the dedicated resources URL, the IT admins should confirm that browsing seqtaresources.yourschooldomain shows as a white page with the browser tab title "SEQTA Files". If the tab is not visible or displays an error, enabling the dedicated resources URL option will result in issues with links and images.
Changes to DNS may take time to propagate. Whereas adding a record should be instant.
Setup Steps for XSS Resolution
- School to add DNS record "seqtaresources" as a CNAME pointing to SEQTA Teach DNS A record.
This record should be available both on-campus and off.
- Confirm the new page is working by browsing the full seqtaresources hostname, eg https://seqtaresources.schoolname.edu.au.
- Toggle the 'Use dedicated resources URL' setting in Application Settings in SEQTA Teach.
- Go to the Administration workspace > Application settings > Application settings
- Type 'URL' in the search (without quotes)
- Enable Use dedicated resources URL
- Refresh your browser and and test to ensure everything is working. Checking for missing content or images in places where users can enter content, such as Direqt Messages, Portals created in SEQTA, or the Notices section.