This article outlines the process for identifying and resolving issues with Parents' SEQTA Engage accounts. This information may be of help for SEQTA Administrators.
An in-depth discussion of how SEQTA Engage accounts work, how to identify why issues occurred and how to prevent issues is available in the article: Understanding how SEQTA Engage Accounts Work
The process below will resolve more SEQTA Engage access issues:
- Username or password incorrect message when trying to log in.
- Error 'Code 500' message once logged in to SEQTA Engage.
- Cannot see student information (timetables etc.).
- Not receiving an email after using the reset password link.
Revoke Access for Accounts no Longer Linked to Students
All parent accounts showing under the 'Ready to Revoke Access' drop-down should have access revoked. The reason for this can be found here.
- To to this go to the Administration Workspace > User Management > from the drop-down, top right, select Ready to Revoke Access.
- Search for the parent name and select the account by clicking the box on the left-hand side
- Select Actions > Revoke access > Confirm.
Send a new 'Welcome email'
Find the parent account and send a new Welcome email. This will allow then to set a username (if they do not have one already) and reset their password.
If the account is not under either 'Ready to Provision' or 'Active', find the student's name in the SIP, and check if the Contact is flagged for SEQTA Engage access (an icon should display). If it doesn't check the data in the admin system is meeting the correspondence rule requirements set in the sync.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > User Management
- Select the applicable option from the status drop-down:
- 'Ready to Provision' accounts which have not been setup (i.e. do not have a username).
- 'Active' accounts with a username.
- 'Never Logged In' accounts with a username which have never been accessed.
- Click the box on the left-hand side of the parent account that needs to be provisioned (or click the check box at the top of the column to provisions all accounts.
- Select 'Actions' > 'Send Welcome Email'.
Preventing Account Issues
To prevent access issues, we recommend always using the 'User Management' page to setup and resolve issues with parent accounts, not the 'Data Management' page. It is very difficult to find the 'correct' Contact record when the details are entered into the incorrect one. These will show under 'Ready to Revoke Access'.
All 'Contact' accounts under 'Ready to Revoke Access' should have their access revoked (as they will not show any student information should the parent log in). Parents can only access SEQTA Engage using accounts that appear under 'Ready to Provision' and 'Active' (not 'Ready to Revoke Access').
Reporting Issues with SEQTA Engage Accounts
In most cases, the suggestions above will resolve parent account issues. If these do not provide a solution, please contact the SEQTA Service Desk with as much details as possible. Helpful information may include:
- Parent name
- Student name
- Details of issue
- Device type (i.e. iPhone, PC, MAC)
- The process being used (i.e. are they being prompted to enter a username)
- When parent last tried to access SEQTA Engage
Please do not request parents contact the SEQTA Service Desk directly for account issues. The Service Desk is limited in how much they can assist as they are unable to verify parent identity.