The Time-based view displays all attendance entered for a student on a minute-by-minute basis for a 24 hour period. Attendance recorded using Calendar classes and outside timetabled classes can only be seen in Time-based view.
The attendance displayed is determined by the priority and order the attendance is entered. Clicking on the date will display the underlying attendance. This is very helpful for identifying any issues or discrepancy with a student's attendance.
There are two methods for viewing attendance in Time-based view. These are:
Viewing time-based attendance in the SIP
- Select the student in the Student Information Panel
- Select the Attendance pane '@' icon found at the right of the SIP
- Click on the Time-based button (previously called Linear view)
- Click on the Date, to view the Attendance stack pop-up. To view details of when the attendance was entered etc, hover the cursor over the coloured bar.
- To close the Attendance stack pop-up, click OK
Time-based attendance reports
Attendance reports that include 'Time-based' (linear view) in the report name, display time-based attendance. Click here for steps for printing attendance reports.
Attendance statistics reports will pick up Time-based attendance when calculating the attendance statistics.