The 'Roll Group' is displayed next to the student name in the SIP and other areas in SEQTA. Whereas the 'Roll Class' is a class the student is enrolled into and displays on the student and teacher timetables. These work independent of each other as the former is drawn from the student record and the later from the student timetable.
If either of these are incorrect it is necessary to know where to correct the data. The below information outlines the various methods available.
If unable to determine how to correct issues with the Roll Group or Roll Classes please email the SEQTA Service Desk with the details.
Student Record - Roll Group
The 'Roll Group' refers to the field in the student record and is displayed next to the students name in the SIP and lists in SEQTA.
Roll group is assigned to the student record using one of the below methods:
- Entered into the School's Administration System and synced into SEQTA.
- Managed directly in SEQTA through the Administration Workspace > Data Management > Students.
Timetable - Roll Class
The 'Roll Class' refers to a class that a student has been enrolled into. This class will appear on the Teacher's and Student's timetable.
Roll classes are created using one of the below methods:
- Internally managed classes: Students are enrolled directly in SEQTA through the Administration Workspace > Timetable Management > Manage Student Classes.
- Calendar classes using Dynamic Student Groups, Primary timetables: Classes are created by the sync based on the roll group the student record is assigned to.
- Externally Managed Classes: Classes are synced from the School's Timetabling System into SEQTA.