The default file size limit for SEQTA is 32M. This can be changed by the school's SEQTA administrator through the Application settings page (steps below).
Changing the file size limit
The setting under "School Settings" is for SEQTA Teach. The settings under the sub-heading "Misc" are for SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage. They each work independent of each other.
- Go to the Administration workspace > Application settings
- Search for the word 'size' (without the quotes)
- Select the relevant category (eg. SEQTA Teach, SEQTA Learn etc)
- Enter the file size in the setting 'File size limit (MB)'
- Click Sav
Considerations before changing settings
If planning on increasing the file size limit the school's IT may need to add additional space to the schools SEQTA Server or the school may need to purchase for SEQTA hosted instances. Please ensure the school's IT (ie. the delegated SEQTA Technical Contact) are aware of the change so they may follow-up.
If the amount of disk space is an issue, one of the following options may be suited:
- Setup the OneDrive integration and/or Google drive integration in SEQTA (Recommended). This allows staff to easily share files with students should they want and manage those files in a more central location.
- Refer to the article Saving disk space as it contains other suggestions including zipping files
- Teachers will need to remove resources from lessons to reclaim disk space or ongoing additional space will need to be added over the years.
- The removal of user files is managed in-house by the school
- The SEQTA Service desk is unable to assist with deleting user files
- There is no archiving feature for user files in SEQTA
- Spreadsheets can be provided with information on individual staff usage and programme and lessons names from previous years which have resources attached however this is a costed server.