The attendance locking functionality in SEQTA Teach can be used to prevent attendance from being entered for a specified number of days in the past or future.
Attendance locking does not apply to attendance entered through the SIP or Attendance Administration page.
The steps for changing this are as follows:
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Application Settings > Application Settings.
- Enter the keyword 'locking' into the search box in the top-right corner.
- Set the values for the setting 'Attendance Locking Future Threshold (Days)' and 'Attendance Locking Past Threshold (Days)'.
- Enter the number of days for the future and/or past threshold (see below for commonly used values).
- Click 'Save'. This setting change will apply to all SEQTA Teach users.
Commonly Used Values:
- Disabling Attendance Locking: Enter negative values (i.e. -1) or leaving the field blank.
- Enable Attendance for the Previous Day and the Next Day: Enter "1" into both fields.
- Lock Attendance for a Week in the Future and/or a Week in the Past: Enter "7" into both fields.
- Allow Roll Marking for the Current Day Only: Enter "0" into both fields.