Pastoral care types can be configured so they automatically allocate or deduct points when notes are created using that category. This functionality is often used as part of the awards process.
To configure the Pastoral care type to automatically assign points:
- Go to the Administration workspace > Data management > Pastoral care types
- Next, select an existing Pastoral care type or create a new one by clicking Add record
- Add in points you would like to assign (or deduct) to that type and click Save.
By default, staff can override the assigned value at the time the note is created. To prevent editing of the points, select the setting Disallow editing of points.
To view a total number of points allocated:
- Go to the Pastoral care workspace > Student summary >Quantitative
- Use the filters to select what information you require and set as Points
To view the points allocated to specific students:
- Go to the Pastoral care workspace > Student summary > Qualitative (or In detail)
- If the point column does not display, click on the Configure fields button in the bottom right hand corner and select Points
To add a Pastoral care note to record points:
- Select the students name in the Student information panel (SIP)
- Select the Pastoral care icon on the right-hand side
- Select the applicable Pastoral care type (Category) and if required sub-category
- Enter any relevant information into the details field
- If required select the notification option
- Click Save to save for one student, or Save many... to select multiple students