The Comment bank is used to store comments for use when entering reporting comments, school values comments or assessment comments. Comments allow placeholders which allow words to be substituted and can save time when reporting on students.
Comment Bank Permissions
- ACAD:EDIT - this permission is required to access the Comment bank through the Curriculum setup page (import and export comments en mass)
- DATA:EDIT - this permission is required for accessing the 'Data Management' page (create, edit or delete individual comments).
Managing Individual Comment Bank Entries
This method is only recommended where there are a small number of changes required. The permission 'DATA:EDIT' is required to access this page. To create, delete or edit individual comment bank entries.
- Go to the Administration workspace > Data management
- Next select Comment Bank
- Click 'Add Record' to add in a new entry. Alternately, use the search box to find and select an existing entry
- Fill out the required fields, or if deleting click on the Delete button. Please note that deleting comments will not affect any existing data where the comment bank has been used for reporting.
Importing and Exporting Comments en mass
Comments can be uploaded using the Import option available through the 'Curriculum Setup' page using the steps below. The permission 'ACAD:EDIT' is required to access this page.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Curriculum Setup.
- Select 'Comment Bank'.
- Click the 'Import CSV' button and select the .csv file with the comments.
- Click 'Add a File' if there are no column headings in the csv file deselect the option 'First Row Contains Headers'.
- If there are no errors displaying click the 'Import' button.
Comment Bank Field Definitions and Character Limits
- Code - Min (2) Max (8): The comment code can be used by staff to search for specific comments.
- Department (64): This field is used to categorise comments.
- Subject (64): This field is used to categorise comments.
- Level (8): This field is used to categorise comments.
- Type (64): This field is used to categorise comments.
- Comment (1024): This is where the details of the comments are to be entered.