Depending on how the timetable is setup with regards to the sync a new sync profile may need to be created for each new timetable period. A good indicator of this is where there are existing sync profiles with timetable names (eg. 2019S1).
The permission 'SYNC: MANAGE' is required to access the 'Manage sync' sub-page in Timetable management.
The following should be considered before running a sync for a new sync profile:
- New sync profiles can be used to run a sync and roll out a new timetable (providing all the conditions are met) This may not be recommended during the reporting period.
- New sync profiles can be used to roll students into a new school year (providing all the conditions are met) It is essential to have any academic or attendance reports archived prior to the roll over.
Creating and configuring a new sync profile
- Click on the Administration workspace icon > Timetable Management > Manage sync
- Select New profile on the left-hand side and enter a Name (eg. '2020S1')
- If applicable, select the Data source and Query set
- Select the components that need to be synced
- Click on the '+' symbol next to Timetable period. Set the timetable period frequency, in most cases this will be daily as this will set the sync to run each night at midnight. At least one of the timetable periods end dates needs to be added for the sync profile to run.
- Select the option Scheduled syncs enabled then Click Save