'YouTube' is recommended for schools where the majority of users use YouTube. Each SEQTA module can have its own YouTube account associated with it or if preferred they can all use the same account.
The 'Built-In' option is useful for schools with slow internet speeds as unlike YouTube it does not have to be uploaded to an external site. Built-in mode stores the files on the SEQTA server in two different formats to ensure the media is compatible with all browsers and operating systems:
- Video: Original file is stored as it is and 2 converted files are created -- mp4 and webm.
- Audio: Original file is stored as it is and 2 converted files are created -- opus and mp3.
How much storage space is required to store each media file?
Using the Built-in mode, a 100MB input file will require approximately 300MB of storage. Schools with limited server storage space can set a file upload limit for staff and/or students (recommended is 500MB).
- Media Processing - How SEQTA Handles Video and Audio Processing
- Setting up YouTube Media Integration
- Media - Using Audio / Video / Screen Recording
- Enabling the Audio / Video / Screen Recording in SEQTA (Admin Only)