Some school's have strict policies with regards to the creation of generic accounts for reasons mentioned below. Please ensure the appropriate parties within the school, have been contacted and have given approval before creating accounts.
Logging in with generic and test accounts
Step-by-step guides for creating and managing user records
- Creating and managing staff records directly
- Creating and managing Guardian (Contact) records
- Creating and managing student records
To see student information in SEQTA Engage, link the student record to the contact record. The steps for this process are available in the following article:
Policies regarding the creation of generic accounts
There is no way for the system to distinguish between generic/test accounts from genuine accounts. For example, if attendance is entered for a 'test student' and they are enrolled in classes they will be will be included in the FEDERAL STATS. See section below for more information on School polices.
Logging in with generic accounts
To log in with an account, Internal authentication will need to be enabled or the Masquerade feature will need to be used (students and contacts only). In most cases, internal authentication will only be enabled for SEQTA Engage and SEQTA Tutor.
School policies regarding generic accounts
- When generic accounts are used, there is no way for the software to identify the name of the person using the account. The school would need to keep a manual record of this.
- SEQTA Learn, SEQTA Teach and SEQTA Engage are charged on a per user basis
- Any attendance, enrollments, results etc. entered for test student accounts will be included on reports in the same manner as that for genuine student accounts.