This article steps through the process for rolling out the timetable and re-enabling the overnight sync. Step 1-4 for the Timetable Setup Process must be completed prior to completing this process.
Create or Add the Timetable Period to a Sync Profile
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Timetable Management > Manage Sync. The sync profiles will be displayed on the left-hand side.
- If there is only one Sync profile called 'Default' or 'Maze' select the profile and continue on from step 6 below. If there are Sync profiles named after timetable periods (i.e. '2021S2'), this indicates another Sync profile will need to be created for the new Timetable period.
- To create a new Sync profile, select New Profile on the left-hand side and enter a Name (i.e. '2021S1'). If Data Source and / or Query Set fields show, click and select the applicable option
- Ensure the Components that need to be synced are selected.
- Click on the '+' symbol next to Timetable Period and Sync Frequency. At least one of the timetable periods 'end date', needs to be in the future for the sync profile to run. If timetables show which have ended remove them by clicking on the bin icon.
- Select the option Scheduled Syncs Enabled then Click Save. Continue on with the steps below if not wanting to wait for the overnight sync
Run a Sync to Roll out the Timetable
- To roll out the timetable select Run Now > From Today. Alternatively, enable the sync profile and the timetable will be rolled out when the auto-sync next runs.
- Wait 10-15 mins for the roll out process to complete. Refresh the page and check the teachers timetables to see if the classes display as expected.
Troubleshooting Unsuccessful Timetable Roll Outs
Check under 'Manage Days' to ensure the terms have been added and the days in the main work-area have been set (i.e. display with colours). See here for details steps.
Check the Timetable structure to ensure each period and day(cycle) in the school's timetabling system has a corresponding code in SEQTA, and that the periods have times assigned. See here for details steps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.