Pathways provide extra functionality for managing lessons in shared programmes (i.e. the option for teachers to have their own set of lessons). Homework is linked to the Pathway, as such pathways are required for teachers to set homework for their specific for their class.
SHARING LESSONS: To prevent issues with shared lessons, ensure enough lessons have been added to cover the duration of the course before setting up Pathways. See Creating Pathways With Shared Lessons for detailed steps on this process.
- Click on Teaching Workspace > Timetable > My Classes/Traditional/Calendar.
- Click on the 'Load Programme' icon for the class.
- Select the 'Planner'. Any lessons added after Pathways are setup will not be shared by default for this reason it's important to add them before setting up Pathways.
- A new programme will have one lesson per week for the current timetable period. Click 'Add All' if you would like one lesson for each class instance.
- If the programme is year long click 'Add Week' enough times to cover the entire length of the course. Add individual lessons to untimetabled weeks if required by clicking on 'Add Another Lesson' on the lesson topic bar.
- Select the 'Cover Page'.
- Click the 'Pathways' button.
- Click the Copy icon next to the pathway you would like to make a copy of.
- Select one of the following options. Click here for more information on the available options.
- Use Existing Lessons: Create a pathway that shares the same set of lessons as the pathway being copied. Changes to lessons will apply to all classes sharing the lesson.
- Copy All Lessons: This clones the lessons in the pathway being copied. Changes can be made to cloned lessons without affecting the original lessons.
- Create New Lessons: Create a pathway with a new set of blank lessons. Changes to lessons will not affect the pathway being copied.
- Click the Pathway name and rename it to something meaningful to staff (eg. class code, staff initials).
- Create one Pathway for each of the classes requiring their own Pathway. Note: Leave the 'Original Pathway' as is and set as 'Default', this way if there are any issues the class can be placed back onto the Default until able to follow-up with the Service desk.
- Under the 'Uses Pathway' heading, select a pathway for each of the classes.
- Select Save.