Add-ons (also known as extensions or plug-ins) can cause issues and interfere with access to web-based programmes such as the SEQTA suite. Below are settings to disable add-ons for testing purposes. These settings may not always be in the same area, as the location of settings depend on which OS and browser version are being used.
Some school staff are able to make the changes themselves (providing the PC is not locked down), whereas some staff may prefer this to be handled by the school's IT person.
Accessing Chrome extensions
Type chrome://extensions into the address bar, or follow the steps below.
- In the top-right corner of the browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu icon Chrome menu
- Select More tools
- Click Extensions.
- To turn off an extension, un-check the Enabled check-box next to it. To turn on an extension, simply check the box.
Accessing Firefox add-ons
- Select Tools from the menu
- Select Add-ons
- Disable add-ons
- Close and reopen the browser test to see if issue re-occurs
Accessing Safari plug-ins
- Open Safari
- Select Help from the Safari menu, located at the top of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Choose the option labelled Installed Plug-Ins.
- A new browser window will open containing detailed information on all of the plug-ins that are currently installed.
Steps for disabling add-ons in Internet Explorer
Follow the steps below to disable add-ons, then close and reopen the Internet Explorer window. Try again and see if everything works as it should.
If SEQTA Teach works as it should after disabling the add-ons, try enabling them one at a time, closing and reopening after each one. This will let you know which add-on is causing the issue. Microsoft recommend running as few add-ons as possible and to ensure the add-on is from a trusted source. For more information, refer to the related Microsoft support articles.
- Click the Tools button on the top of the page in IE
- Select Manage add-ons from the menu
- Under Show, click All add-ons
- Click on an add-on in the list
- Click on Disable
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all of the add-ons are disabled
- Click Close