The Media Integration Page allows schools to choose where they would like media files to be stored when uploaded into SEQTA. Different methods can be set for audio and video interdependently for each SEQTA module.
The default setting is to use SEQTA's 'Built-In' functionally to transcode files and store copies of the files on the School's SEQTA Server. This can be changed to use YouTube by completing the below steps. Click here to read more about the difference between these two options.
Configuring SEQTA to integrate with YouTube can reduce the space userfiles take up on the school's SEQTA Server.
The steps for configuring Media integration for YouTube are as follows:
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Application Settings > Media Integration
- If only the 'Built-In' item listed click on the Add Configuration button and edit the item name to 'YouTube (Students)' for SEQTA Learn, or 'YouTube (Staff)' for SEQTA Teach .
- To configure and item set the 'Back-End Type' to YouTube. Next, click the 'Not Configured' button. If the initial integration setup is not working click 'Configured' and continue on with the steps below.
- Select the 'Generate a New Token' button.
- Copy the Confirmation Code into the clipboard. To do this select the text and press <Ctrl>+C.
- Click the URL in the popup to go to the URL https://www.google.com/device.
- Paste the code into the box <Ctrl>+V and click Next.
- If prompted with 'This App Isn't Verified' click the link 'Advanced'.
- Click the link 'Go to SEQTA YouTube Uploader (unsafe)'.
- Sign into the Schools Admin Google account.
- If a prompt appears regarding the SEQTA YouTube, read then confirm by clicking 'Allow'.
- A message 'Success! Device Connected' should display. The Google account setup side is now complete.
- Go back to SEQTA Teach Token confirmed, continue with setup.
- If successful, the message 'An Account has been Linked and a Token has been Stored' will display. Click 'Close'. The setup process is now complete.