Some general rules for managing Campus-wide Kiosk attendance have been outlined below. These may differ slightly depending on how the Attendance types have been configured.
Attendance types can be configured to suit the school's attendance administration processes and policies. Please check with the school's SEQTA School Relationship manager or the SEQTA Service desk prior to making changes or creating new attendance types.
Campus-wide mode attendance
Campus-wide mode allows students to tag in and out on entering and leaving the campus i.e., a student is off-site and arrives on campus or a student is on-site and departs from campus.
The system uses the student’s current state of attendance to determine which options to display when the student accesses SEQTA Kiosk.
- If the student is set as 'Present', the tag-out options will be available.
- If the student is set as 'Absent', or has no attendance set, the tag-in options will be available.
Tagging in (Campus-wide mode)
When a student tags in for their first timetabled class of the day, the following occurs:
- An 'In class' attendance solution is applied from the time the student tags in until the end of the period.
- Any attendance previously entered for future periods is removed to allow roll marking. The exception to this is if an attendance was entered at 'normal' priority 10. This will be re-injected back into the student's record. This ensures that intended future attendance is not lost.
- Should students tag in outside of class time (eg. lunch, before school) then the student will be marked present for the following class.
Tagging in late (Campus-wide mode)
When a student tags in part way through a period the following occurs:
- An 'unresolved late' is applied from the start of the school day until the tag in time. The exception to this is where an attendance solution has been entered for a 'Resolved late' which will not be over-written.
- An 'In class' resolution is applied from the time the student tags in until the end of the period.
Tagging out (Campus-wide mode)
When a student tags out the following occurs:
- an Attendance Solution will be applied from the current time until the end of their timetabled day.
- If the tag-out occurs after the end of their last timetabled class, the attendance solution will be applied right through until midnight.
The recommended attendance types to be used to tag out are 'Educational activity (off campus)' and 'Medical'.