The RSCOS report and the RSVET reports have been developed to report to SCSA (School Curriculum and Standards Authority). These reports draw data from various areas in SEQTA Teach to produce a spreadsheet that can be uploaded to the SCSA website. Information Regarding Requirements, can be found on the SCSA Website
- Ensure the 'Government ID' (WASN-WA Student Number) has been entered into the Student Record
- Ensure the 'Ed. Auth Unit Code' and 'Ed. Auth. Course Code' (COS Subjects Only) have been entered into the subject records
- Enter the 'State Government Number' into the Application Settings
- Ensure the correct Course Type is set in the Programme
- Ensure Classes for Concurrent Courses have been Bridged
Ensure the 'Government ID' (WASN-WA Student Number) has been entered into the Student Record
Some school's may sync this from there administration system from where it is synced into SEQTA, If not in the school's administration system it can be managed directly in SEQTA through the Administration Workspace > Data Management > Students
Ensure the 'Ed. Auth Unit Code' and 'Ed. Auth. Course Code' (COS Subjects Only) have been entered into the subject records
Subjects for RSCOS subjects will need to have the 'Ed. auth. unit code' (Unit Code) and 'Ed. auth. course code' (Course Code) assigned. If these fields are left blank then the related syllabus outcomes will not show on the VET and/or RSCOS report.
This information should be synced across from the school's admin system (MAZE etc.) as opposed to manually entering into SEQTA Teach. If this is not occurring, please contact the SEQTA Service Desk with the 'Table' and 'Field' name where the information is stored in the School's Admin System.
Enter the 'State Government Number' into the Application Settings
Follow the steps below to enter or change the schools 'State Government Number' using the search word 'State'.
- Click on Administration Workspace > Application Settings.
- Enter the keyword into the search box in the top right-hand corner 'State'.
- Enter the school's 'State Government Number'.
- Click 'SAVE'.
Ensure the correct Cis set in the Programme
In most cases, this should be set to 'Course of study'.
- Go to Teaching Workspace > Timetable > My Classes.
- Select the teachers name in the top right-hand corner (if doing on behalf of another teacher).
- Click the 'Load Programme' icon.
- Select 'Marks Book settings'.
- Select the correct 'Course Type' and click 'SAVE'.
Ensure Classes for Concurrent Courses have been Bridged
To bridge go to the Teaching Workspace > Timetable > Traditional View > click the Bridge icon > select the corresponding class for the other timetable period > click 'OK' > click 'SAVE'.
Data Mappings (Where Data is Drawn From)
- Unit Code: The 'Code' in the Subject Record.
- Qualification Code: The first part of the 'Area Code' field in the Syllabus Record (i.e. 52401WA:cert).
- Competency Code: The 'code' field in the Syllabus Record.
- WASN: The 'Government ID' field in the Student Record.
- USI: The 'USI' field in the Student Record.
- Ed.Auth Unit and Ed.Course Codes: 'ED. Auth. Unit Code' and 'ED. Auth.Course Code' field in the Subject record *RSCOS only.
- RSVET Draws results from the 'Criterion' under the assessment section (green section) of the Marks book.
- RSCOS Draws results from the 'Mod Grade', 'Score' and other fields in the reporting section (purple section) of the Marks book.