SEQTA and MyEdOnline have been integrated to allow staff to create and manage MyEdOnline classes and sites through SEQTA Teach. It also allows students to access MyEdOnline through SEQTA Learn and view MyEdOnline results on the assessments page in SEQTA Learn.
Archiving a site by unenrolling all the students and clicking the 'Archive' button will result in loss of visibility of any work students have submitted for that site. Should this occur please contact the SEQTA Service desk for assistance. See below 'Further assistance' section for details.
This article contains the following sections:
- Creating a MyEdOnline class through SEQTA Teach
- Accessing the MyEdOnline workspace
- Accessing MyEdOnline through SEQTA Learn
- Locked aspects of MyEdOnline Assessments
- Related Articles
Linking a SEQTA programme to MyEdOnline - Adding sites (quests) and enrolling and unenrolling students.
This method allows teachers to access their MyEdOnline sites through the SEQTA Cover page as well as the MyEdOnline workspace.
- Click on Teaching Workspace > Timetable > My Classes/Traditional/Calendar.
- Click on the Load Programme icon for the class.
- On the 'MyEdOnline' sub-section click the 'Link Button'.
- Next click on the 'MyEdOnline' bar to open the 'MyEdOnline' quest view. This step is required for the class to show in the 'MyEdOnline Workspace'.
- To create a new site click on the 'Create Quest' button, then select the button 'New Site'. Alternativity, select an existing site by clicking on the "+" next 'Add Site'.
- If creating a New Site, give the site a unique name and create the content.
- When ready select 'Share', then 'Publish to learners'.
- If creating a New Site you will be prompted to select the class name.
- Once ready for students to access, select 'Enroll All' or select individual students.
- CREATING ASSESSMENTS IN SEQTA: If wanting to create a corresponding assessment in SEQTA select the option 'Publish Marks in SEQTA'. The assessment will not appear under 'Assessments' in SEQTA Learn or SEQTA Engage unless set as 'Visible'.
- When switching from MyEdOnline tab back to SEQTA you may need to refresh/reload the page for the changes to show.
Accessing the MyEdOnline Workspace
- Log into SEQTA Teach.
- Click on the 'MyEdOnline Workspace' icon on the left-hand spine in SEQTA Teach.
- Any SEQTA classes that are linked to 'MyEdOnline' will be displayed, click the class to view the sites for that class.
- To access the 'Resource Libraries' or 'My Learning' hover-over the 'House' icon in the top left-hand corner,
- To open 'MyEdOnline' in its own tab, hover-over the 'House' icon in the top left-hand corner to access the left-hand workspace, then click on the 'MyEdOnline' logo at the bottom of the pane.
Accessing MyEdOnline through SEQTA Learn
'MyEdOnline' can be accessed through SEQTA Learn using the following methods:
- Clicking on the 'MyEdOnline' icon on the left-hand menu
- Clicking on Courses > the Subject Name then scrolling down to the MyEdOnline section (this option is only available if the MyEdOnline class is linked to the SEQTA Programme Cover page.
- Clicking on Assessments > the Subject name (this option is only available if (a) 'Marks Published in SEQTA' checkbox is selected for that site and (b) the assessment is set as visible in the 'Overview of Assessments'.
Locked aspects of MyEdOnline Assessments
Certain actions and changes are not available in SEQTA Teach when managing MyEdOnline assessments (listed below). Rather, they are managed externally through MyEdOnline.
- You cannot edit the title, due date or overdue settings for the Assessment;
- You cannot allow alternative submission mechanisms for the Assessment; and
- You cannot add or remove criteria from the Assessment and you cannot edit the label or target score for criteria.
Please contact the Service desk for assistance. When reporting issues please include as much information as possible and where applicable screenshots (include the URL in screenshots).
- Details of issue (eg. class needs to be unarchived, student work missing, deleted site needs restoring):
- Class code:
- Example student:
- Teacher name:
- Site name:
- URLs to sites and quests, these can be found in the browser address bar and when clicking on the site through SEQTA (see below screenshot)