This article has the following sections:
- Printed date not appearing on academic reports
- Subject data (grade, affectives or comments) missing from reports
- School values (Affectives / Homeroom) missing from reports
- Outcomes, assessments or syllabus missing from reports
- Interview required column is missing from the Marks book or the report
- Incorrect year, semester or interim displays on reports
- Data duplicated or extra data appearing that isn't meant to appear
Printed date not appearing on academic reports
The printed date will not appear on reports if:
- The hard-coding of the report has not been customised to display the print date
- The 'Reporting period name' field in the Report type is not populated. To check this:
- Go to the Administration workspace > Data management > Report types
- Click on the report type to open the edit window
- Enter the date as you would like it to appear on reports into the 'Reporting period name' field
- Click Save
Subject data (grade, affectives or comments) missing from reports
- There are no results in the reporting section of the Marks book. Check results have been entered, most subjects require a 'ModGd' and may include affectives and comments.
- The results have been entered under a different timetable period or report type than that which is being used when printing the report. Check the Marks book to ensure they are under the correct timetable and report type.
- There is no programme/Marks book attached to a class. Check the class, if the Marks book icon is missing, this indicates the Programme has been unattached from the class (see: Finding lost programmes and marks books
- Programme has the incorrect course type selected. To check this, go to the programme Cover Page > Edit Marks book settings.
School values (Affectives / Homeroom) missing from reports
- The values have been entered under the incorrect School Values Template. To check this go to the Pastoral care workspace > In brief > select a student > School Values... > check which timetable period and values template the results have been entered under.
- Some affectives require data to be entered in a specific format, e.g. lowercase/uppercase/valid letters. To check the required format go to the Administration workspace > Curriculum setup > Values templates > select Values template and the values should show on the right.
Outcomes, assessments or syllabus missing from reports
There are two methods for showing outcomes or syllabus on reports. These are: Syllabus linked to assessment criterion and Reporting syllabus sets.
If reporting on outcomes or syllabus using assessments:
- Check the assessment is in an Assessment group with the 'Available on reports' turned on: Edit marks book settings > General settings > Assessment Groups
- Check the assessment has been set up correctly by going to the Teaching workspace (if required select the teacher name)> Load programme > Overview of assessments > click on the assessment
- the syllabus item needs to be linked to the assessment criterion
- the assessment requires a weighting
- the setting 'Contributes to syllabus on reports' is selected
If reporting in outcomes or syllabus using Reporting syllabus sets
- Check the results have been entered into the reporting section (purple section) of the Marks book.
- If results have been entered, then check the required Reporting set has been entered and made Active. Programme Cover page > Edit marks book settings > Reporting syllabus > Select Syllabus set > toggle to ActiveT
- Note: Even if there is an active Reporting syllabus set, and outcomes or syllabus are reported on using assessments, if there aren't any results entered into the purple reporting section of the marks book, results will not appear on reports.
'Interview required' column missing from the Marks book or the report
The main causes and resolutions for the 'Interview required column' not appearing are as follows:
- The report code has not been customised to include the interview required information on the report. Check to see if it was included on the previous years report or contact the SEQTA Service desk.
- The 'Interview required' column is missing from the Marks book. Check the correct Report type has being selected.
- The 'Interview required' column is appearing in the Marks book, however, it does not have a valid value (eg. 'Y') and/or
- The 'Interview required' column has not been entered into the label in the Report type. To check correct these issues, complete the steps below.
- Go to the Administration workspace > Curriculum setup > Report templates
- Check that 'Interview required' has been entered in Label 15 and the Allowed values is set (Y,N)
- If required, move the label. Then click Save.
Incorrect year, semester or interim displays on reports
The incorrect year, semester or interim will display incorrectly on reports in the following situations:
- The incorrect year is set in the timetable structure
- The year, semester or interim number is hard coded onto the report
To check if the year is being drawn from the timetable structure:
- Go to Administration workspace > Timetable management > Cycle/period setup
- Select the timetable period and the Year field will appear on the right-hand side of the work area.
- If the year is incorrect, set the correct year and click Save. Print a report to test if this has resolved the issue.
- Should the above steps not resolve the issue, please contact the SEQTA Service desk with the details.
If the semester or interim is incorrect it's likely it is hard coded on the report. Please contact the SEQTA Service desk.
Data duplicated or extra data appearing that isn't meant to appear
- Check that the Student subject data is only in ONE programme for the course. Masquerade as the student and view their courses page. The course should appear only once. If it appears more than once, then you may need to unattach one of the programmes.
- Check that the correct Assessment groups have the Available on reports turned ON. Cover page > Edit marks book settings > Assessment groups. For example, Semester 2 may need the Available on reports turned ON and Semester 1 toggled off.
- School Values attendance is appearing multiple times. This means the Attendance report Attendance statistics for reports has been run into multiple Values templates. Please contact the SEQTA Service Desk with the details of the data that you need removed.
- Student reporting data may have been entered into more than ONE Report template.